Especially during winter, maintenance of your car battery is very important. There are a number of things you can do to prolong your battery's life, saving you time and money, and most importantly reducing the risk of finding yourself stranded with a flat battery.
• Keep battery terminals clean and dry at all times
• Maintain fluid levels but never over-fill your battery
• Distilled water is recommended for topping up your battery
• Never leave your battery standing for long periods without being charged
• Secure your battery as vibrations can damage the battery plates
• Don’t drain your battery by leaving lights or accessories on
• Read your owner's manual before disconnecting your battery to ensure that computer or radio memories are not lost
Car batteries do however have a limited life and on average will last around 3 years. Once a battery beings to fail after 3 years of age, it will rarely respond to re-charging.
At Motorama we have Brisbane's best service centres located at Moorooka, Browns Plains and Springwood. We service all makes and models, specialising in Holden, Toyota, Ford, Mitsubishi, Kia and Nissan.
But we offer more then just servicing, with a range of products and
expertise available to assist in all your ongoing vehicle maintenance